Creating a Group
With groups, there are different ways you can control multiple tactics at once:
- Turn the group's status offline to stop delivery on all its tactics.
- Set a budget for a set of related tactics to put a cap on total spending for all the tactics combined.
- Enable Group Budget Optimization (GBO) to automatically allocate the group's budget to the best performing tactics.
- Set an impression cap to limit the maximum number of impressions that the tactics in your group can win.
- Give the group a start date and end date, and the tactics will only deliver ads during that date range.
- Apply pacing controls to a group to spread the total budget throughout the group's flight.
Note: Before you can create a group, you must create a DSP line item.
To create a group:
Go to Main Menu > Campaigns.
Select a campaign.
Select a media plan.
Select Options > Add group to the left of a line item.
Enter a descriptive Group Name.
Set the group's Status:
- Online: Tactics in the group can go live and start spending if their statuses are also set to Online. Note that the group's flight dates, as well as tactic-level settings (status and flight dates) impact whether spending can occur, such as if flight dates are in the future, no spending will occur until that time.
- Offline: Tactics in the group cannot spend while the group is offline.
- Archived: The group and all of its tactics cannot run and do not appear in the line item. For more information, see Archiving Groups, Tactics, and Creatives.
Note: A group can only go online if it's part of an approved line item.
Select a Budget Type and set the Budget Amount. A group's budget sets a limit that applies to all tactics in the group combined. The minimum daily budget is $5.00 USD. See Setting a Group Budget for more information.
- Daily: The budget applies for each day between the Start Date and End Date.
- All time: The budget applies for all the days between the Start Date and End Date combined.
Enable Group Budget Optimization (GBO) if you want to automatically move the budget between the group's tactics based on their performance. See Group Budget Optimization to learn more about this feature.
Select a Start Date and End Date. If you set the start date to today, tactics in the group can begin delivering impressions immediately, as long as their start dates are set to today as well. The start date and end date must fall within the line item's date range.
Optional: Enable Frequency Cap if you want each user to see ads from this group's tactics. See Group Frequency Cap for more information.